|The TEX Report Topics < Iron Ore >|
|HOME >> Topics List >> April, 2006 >> 11 (Tue)|
|Bulk Shipping Market Moves Sideways|
|= $9.00 / ton set on a 170,000-ton W. Australian ore carrier bound for China|
<Western Australia - China>
- SPOT ON voyage-chartered the GOOD LUCK to load 170,000 tons of iron ore at Port Walcott, Western Australia for transport to Qingdao. Freight rate: $9.00/ton. (Fio loading to scale; unloading 25,000 t/d) Laycan schedule: Apr. 15 - 25.
<Brazil - China>
- TONG HUA voyage-chartered a TBN owned by Noble Chartering to load 160,000 tons of iron ore at Guaiba Island, Brazil for transport to Bayuquan, Liaoning Prov., China. Freight rate: $23.45/ton. (Fio loading to scale; unloading 25,000 t/d) Laycan schedule: May 5 - 19.
- Hong Kong's Transfield voyage-chartered the PRINCESS KATHERINE to load 150,000 tons of iron ore at Tubarao, Brazil for transport to Qingdao. Freight rate: $23.25/ton. (Fio loading to scale; unloading 25,000 t/d) Laycan schedule: May 1 - 10.
<Brazil & Iran - Oman>
- Austria's Voest Alpine time-chartered the PESSADA (74,484 dwt) with delivery at Annaba, Algeria and redelivery in Oman via Brazil and Iran. Charter rate: $19,000/day. Laycan effected Apr. 3.
<South American east coast - Europe>
- US grain company Archer Daniels Midland time-chartered the AGIOS RAPHAEL (75,485 dwt) with delivery at Ghent, Belgium and redelivery in Europe - the Mediterranean Sea via South American east coast. Charter rate: $14,000/day. Laycan took place Apr. 8 - 10.
<Indian west coast - China>
- AHT time-chartered the LIA (68,350 dwt) with delivery in Oman and redelivery in China via Indian west coast. Charter rate: $11,250/day. Laycan effected Apr. 6.
- A CNR time-chartered the CLIPPER JOY (70,000 dwt) for 3 - 5 months with delivery at Piombino, Italy and redelivery in the Atlantic waters at a charter rate of $16,000/day. For an optional redelivery in East Asia, the rate is $18,000/day. Laycan took place Apr. 5 - 7.
|last modified : Fri 14 Apr, 2006 [11:34]|