|The TEX Report Topics < Iron Ore >|
|HOME >> Topics List >> January, 2008 >> 11 (Fri)|
|Bulk Shipping Market On Downward Track|
|= $78.00 / ton set on 160,000-ton Brazilian ore carrier bound for China =|
<Brazil - China>
- China's Glory Wealth voyage-chartered the CAPE MED (2006-built) to ship 160,000 tons of iron ore at Tubarão for transport to Caofeidian, China. Freight rate: $78.00/ton. (Fio loading to scale; unloading 50,000 t/d) Laycan schedule: Jan. 20 - 30.
- Constellation voyage-chartered the HEBEI FOREST (1989-built) to ship 150,000 tons of iron ore at Tubarão for transport to Qingdao, China. Freight rate: $80.00/ton. (Fio loading to scale; unloading 30,000 t/d) Laycan schedule: end Jan - Early Feb.
<W. Australia - China>
- Rio Tinto Shipping voyage-chartered the CAPE HARRIER to ship 150,000 tons of iron ore at Dampier, Western Australia for transport to Qingdao. Freight rate: $30.25/ton. (Fio loading to scale; unloading 30,000 t/d) Laycan schedule: Jan. 20 - 29.
- SK Shipping time-chartered the GRAND OCEAN (149,498 dwt, 1990-built) with delivery at Amsterdamn, the Netherlands and redelivery in Europe after making an Atlantic round. Charter rate: $129,000/day. Laycan schedule: Jan. 21 - 25. The vessel is relet from Pacific Bulk.
- COSCO Qingdao time-chartered the INA (176,423 dwt, 2003-built) for 8 - 10 months with delivery at Qingdao. Charter rate: $153,500/day. Laycan schedule: end Jan.
<Goa, India - Japan>
- NYK Line time-chartered the IKAN KEMBONG (76,447 dwt, 2005-built) with delivery at Goa, India and redelivery in Japan. Charter rate: approx. $79,000/day. Laycan schedule: Jan. 15 - 17.
|last modified : Thu 17 Jan, 2008 [10:43]|